Thursday, March 24, 2022

Siri "gonna" make me look like a dumbass

 

I'm not the only one annoyed by Siri transcribing "going to" to "gonna".

Unfortunately, it is an accurate reflection of how I actually speak.

But, there are enough other weird misspellings of words that are straightforward that I would consider this a design flaw. I could make an entire page on how many ridiculous substitutions it has made of perfectly pronounced, common words.

Although...I must admit I've made use of this "flaw" because there are times that I make use of nonsense words and once it picks up on it, I don't have to rewrite. 

So, I would conclude I just need to clean up my pronunciation of "going to", at least when I'm using voice-to-text and exclusively reserve sounding like an idiot for voice-to-ears.

Maybe I should retitle this entry "Siri gonna expose me as a dumbass".

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251379591

At least Siri is faithful to Rick Astley.