Monday, January 30, 2012

What's for Sale at Georgia Square Mall

There's a booth at GA Square Mall in Athens that sells blank cds with a glossy photo sleeve.

They have two discs - one is rap/r&b, the other is apparently religious, Nu Praize. An interesting combo because the secular music has sexual references.

The two brothers who sell the discs said that the music is of their own making. I was approached by the brother who makes the instrumentation, and apparently the other brother sings. The approach was basically 'would you like to buy some music?' to which I responded 'not sight unseen' (or sound unheard). So, he played some samples on a portable cd player that had some actual singing. He was accepting two dollars or whatever I could offer. I only had three dollars on me, so I gave him that.

The glossy sleeve names two artists - Kendra Lowe on one side - a photo with a logo and no other info, and the other side shows 'Rowe' with a photo, and the copy says 'with hit sigles "Hit Me Up" ft Lloyd & "Doin My Thing" ft 2 Chainz.

There is a link edited into the video below, webreakmusic.com
and Fudashi LLC - this site has the images on the front and back of the glossy photo.

The disc which holds 13 tracks.

I searched and found this link for Kendra Lowe, along with a youtube video below:
http://www.reverbnation.com/kendralowe

This video features the photo that was included with the cd.