Friday, December 11, 2009

UK Pilot Program: The Pill Without Prescription

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8408467.stm

Package? Load? Well, then get a load of this package! When it absolutely has to get there overnight:


I just can't decide. Is the branding more reminiscent of Liquid Plumber or Pepto Bismol (oh, what a relief it is, fast, fast, fast)?








...certainly targets the impulse shopper:


But wait! There's more! Order now and we'll also throw in this no-fail-do-it-yourself kit, ABSOLUTELY FREE, Satisfaction guarunteed!!!

Thanks, PILL WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION!!!

Twins? No problem!!!



...aaaaand repeat. Rotisserie-style!

No wire coat hangers, Mommy Dearest...Not when you've got the Ronco Pocket Fisherman!



Now, take a whiff and guess which way the wind blows. Fresh from the UK.

COD, Visa or Master Plan Accepted.

Wait. I think I'm onto something:



I mean, it's got that starburst and loud letters.

Oh, what the hell, France may be keen on differentiating between religions and cults, but I say one brand to rule them all. We're America, damn it! And it's got kind of an italics effect, right?



Impulse. At the check out, in your car, captive audience, yes we are.

And, yes we can.

And, mission accomplished. And, I invented the internet. And, I did not inhale.

So, who needs a mammogram anyway? They're just dangerous and expensive.